Even though, users now have a lot of devices to access data from the cloud, do their job on the go and store them on smartphones, PCs continue to be the most popular choice when it comes to productivity.
You can never edit documents, create presentations or upload coding as you would do on a computer. Now, what if you could access all your PC files from your android smartphone or tablet?
You actually can do it! The Chrome Remote Desktop has been specifically designed to solve this purpose and it is readily available on the Google Play store for your convenience. Here’s how to use it to your advantage.
- Visit the Play store on your Android device. It could either be a smartphone or a tablet but the latter is more user friendly because of its bigger screen size. You can also do the same on phones that have better screens with good resolution.
- Search and download the Chrome Remote Desktop app onto your device. Based on the speed of the internet that you use, it will be completed with a minute or might be over in a couple minutes.
- The app will automatically install on your device. It might require some permissions for which you have to agree to before installation begins.
- Now, login to your computer and open the Google Chrome browser. If you don’t have it, download it from the official website. It shouldn’t take much time as it is a lightweight browser and can be readily downloaded whenever required.
- In the Chrome browser, click on the extensions and search for Chrome Remote Desktop. It is a free extension that you could download and add to your browser.
- Launch the app. It has to download the host installer next. Click yes to all permissions so that it works as intended. You have to set a six digit password PIN which will enable you to establish the remote connection.
- Open the same app on your Android device and it will require you to enter the same six digit PIN one more time to authenticate the access. Both apps have to establish a proper connection and make sure your firewall allows the process. It may take a bit of troubleshooting if your network settings are limited. Once successfully done, you will be able to see your PC on the smartphone screen and navigate it as prefer.
Related ItemsChrome Remote Desktop