The name Instagram comes from the combination of ‘instant camera’ and ‘telegram’.
This is an online platform that allows sharing of videos and photos and offers social networking services in general. People can share photos and videos uploaded on Instagramon other social networking platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and Tumblr among others.
It is a social media app, and like the other similar apps, it is very simple to download and install. Lately, Instagram has become very popular, rivaling even Facebook, which is the parent social network. When Instagram was unveiled, it went viral, creating a huge buzz that caught the attention of Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook. He eventually purchased it for approximately 1 billion dollars both in cash and stock.
On Instagram, you can create a profile and instantly share photos and videos wherever you are in the world and you can use the app’s filters feature to tweak your shots to perfection. Instagram has become so popular, especially with young people that most of them are switching from Facebook to Instagram. Instagram is predominantly a mobile phone application which is supported by Android, Windows and iPhone. Most recently it was made available for those who would like to use it on their computers and below are the steps you can follow to download Instagram on your PC and enjoy the apps various and exciting features.
Instagram on PC
As mentioned above, Instagram was created exclusively for mobile phones and so it is not yet officially available for computer users. This does not mean that you cannot use it on your PC. If you want to have Instagram on your PC, here is how you should go about installing it.
- The first step is to download an emulator known as Bluestacks which is available online for free.
- Secondly, install the BlueStacks and run it. It is important to realize that while you are installing it, you might come across graphical errors. Do not worry about this as there is a fix for it online.
- Go to the home page on BlueStacks. Using the search tools, click on the search button and type Instagram.
- Select the application from the app store and install it
- Go back to the home page where the app will be saved, click on it twice and run the app, and you will be able to use Instagram on your computer.
The process of installation is fairly easy for anyone who has installed software on a computer before. You can now take pictures, edit those pictures using filters, and post or upload them for others to see right from your PC. You can also upload videos but they must be shorter than 15 seconds.
The Bottom Line
While it is a great idea to have Instagram on PC, you need to realize that its use will not be as seamless as it is on mobile. For this reason you might want to have on your mobile phone too.