Two flagship projects unveiled within the same period and come from undoubtedly the two largest companies in the tech industry; Samsung and Apple. Today we look at Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus which was released alongside the iPhone 6.
- In Note 4, Samsung have retain the faux leather at the back with the edges being aptitudes by a metallic strip to ensure you can have a firm. IPhone 6 Plus is different with body made of anodised aluminum and more curvy edges than we have witnessed with previous handsets.
- Each phone the home buttons are fitted with a fingerprint scanner.
- The top of Note 4 you will find items such as a 3.5 mm headphone jack, an IR blaster and also a small microphone. The bottom of the phone has a pair of microphones, a Micro USB charging port and without forgetting the S Pen.
- IPhone 6 Plus may have some of these features but the difference comes in their positions. For example, top of this phone has nothing but on the bottom you will find a microphone, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a lightning port used for charging and finally a small speaker.
- The Note 4 is impressive when it comes to the display. It starts with a massive 5.7 inch screen that uses the Super AMOLED technology and has a resolution reaching about 2560 x 1440 and a pixel density of about 551 ppi.
- The 6 Plus comes in behind offering a 5.5 inch using the IPS LCD technology. The resolution is then 1920 x 1080 pixels, translating to a pixel density of around 401 ppi.
- On matters camera, these two phones are actually not one of the best but they certainly pose fantastic features.
- Note 4 has a 16 MP ISOCELL sensor that has optical image stabilization and an LED flash. The camera records videos at 4K per 30 fps. The front camera receives an improvement to 3.7 MP.
- IPhone 6 uses the iSight sensor that is is the usual 8MP that has the True tone flash. Video recording is at 1080p at 60fp which is an improvement. It also allows recording of slow motion videos in HD at 240fps. The front camera now measures 1.2 MP.
- Hardware, Storage and battery
- The Snapdragon 805 quad-core chipset from Qualcomm is preferred for Note 4 which clocks 2.4 GHz and the GPU is the Adreno 420.
- To the iPhone 6 Plus, it is completely different with the chipset being dual core Apple A8 at 1.4 GHz in combination with the GPU which is a quad core PowerVR GX6450.
- Note 4 is powered by a battery of 3,220 mAh while 6 plus has a 2,915 mAh one.
- Note 4 offers a larger RAM of 3 GB with storage capacities of up to 32 GB with an option for expanding memory for up to 128 GB via microSD. In 6 plus, firstly there is no microSD support so no expandable memory. The RAM is three times smaller than for Note 4 at 1GB but the storage capacities presents three variants in which there is a 16 GB, a 64 GB and a 128 GB one.
- This is just more of a matter of Android versus IOS in which the winner is not going to be found anytime soon.
- Note 4 runs on the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat but there might be an update to the newly released Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- 6 Plus runs on Apple’s iOs 8 which is its latest operating system.
The Bottom Line
Quality, quality features that are to be desired by any smartphone lover. Here is where I say, preference will drive you to your best phone. As for all I have seen they are neck to neck.