So the eagerly-awaited and highly publicized Google Nexus 6 manufactured by Motorola has finally landed into the market.
While Nexus 6 is a killer Smartphone with many great features and functionalities, it has some disadvantages. So if you are planning to buy this phone, you need to know these cons so you can make an informed decision.
Here are the main disadvantages of Motorola Nexus 6 you should know:
- Display: As its name suggests, the number 6 represents both the next gen phone and the screen size. With that said, Nexus 6 features a massive 6 inch display, which makes it one of the largest Android phones in the market. With the big size, also follows the disadvantage of being bulky. The Nexus 6 weighs 184 g, making it one of the bulkiest phablets currently available out there. However, this smartphone features a 5.9 Amoled Screen, which appeals to various HD video aficionados, gamers and movie lovers. Then again, the 6 inch display can make this phone a little too large for many people, meaning that the phone is not ergonomic at all. It is not a handy phone, so you won’t be able to carry it in your pocket thanks to its large size.
- Display Protection: The Nexus 6 by Motorola is protected by the groundbreaking Corning Gorilla Glass. Most users will be happy with this kind of protection for their valuable phone because it will be able to withstand various elements wherever they go. However, you need to note that Gorilla Glass 3 is not shatterproof.
- Non Removable Battery: While the Nexus 6 is built with remarkable long battery life, it is non-removable, which can be a major headache if the battery dies.
- No Expandable Memory: The phone has built in memory only. There is no memory card slot to increase the memory of the phone, which can be a major disadvantage to today’s gamers, video lovers and movie lovers.
- Price & Availability: Here is the biggest surprise: the new Motorola Nexus 6 is available at $699 in the US, which is significantly higher than the price of the previous phones in the Nexus line. While the new iPhone 6 by Apple is priced at $650, Motorola and Google have made the bold move by releasing its flagship at a higher price, although we cannot ignore the fact that the new Nexus 6 offers a lot in terms of specs, including the 6 inch screen and a major improvement in specs. It is sad to note that the last time Google and Motorola teamed up to produce a flagship smartphone (the Moto X Original), it turned out to be a flop. Hopefully, this time will be different.
The major features of the Motorola Nexus 6 clearly show that there is a major improvement in terms of specs. It comes with great specs and a 6-inch display. However, there are some disadvantages that you need to be aware of, including its large size and absence of a memory card slot. So, if you are planning to buy the new Nexus 6, consider the above disadvantages so you can make the right decision for you.