Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.
Motorola are back with what seems like a non Verizon Droid Turbo which is the Motorola Moto Maxx. The phone is set to incorporate most if not all features of the Droid Turbo.
As we have witnessed in recent times, Motorola have not disappointed in the smartphones they produced. Google Nexus 6 is still a product of Motorola, so we shall look at these two phones and how they square against each other.
- As it has been the case for some time now, Nexus 6 still wins in terms if the screen size, a 5.96 inch display, compared to the 5.2 inch that will be on the Moto Maxx.
- Both phones use the AMOLED display technology with QHD resolution of up to 2560 x 1440 pixels.
- This means that Motor Maxx steals the show in the clarity and sharpness of images with the highest pixel density at 565 ppi beating that of Nexus 6 which is at 493 ppi.
- The Nexus 6 is obviously the largest of the two in both dimensions and weight. It measures about 159.3 mm x 83 mm x 10.1 mm in size and 184g in weight against the 143.5 mm x 73.3 mm x 11.2 mm and 176 g for Moto Maxx.
- Moto Maxx offers a more sleek design in its outer features with the back outer covering being made of a new material, DuPont Kevlar fiber.
- The most notable distinction that you will notice with this two phones will have to be the different approach Moto Maxx employs in using capacitive buttons instead of screen buttons seen on the Nexus 6.
- In terms of the internal processors and chipsets, the two phones are all but equal. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset, with a clock speed of up to 2.7 GHz and the Graphics processor is Adreno 420.
- The RAM is still 3GB for both but Moto Maxx offers internal storage of up to 64 GB while the Nexus 6 has 32GB and 64GB models.
- The two phones still do not allow you expandable memory so you will have to sort yourself with the internal memory offered.
- Looking at the camera, the Nexus 6 has a 2 MP front camera coupled with a 13 MP rear camera. Some of the additional features with the camera is optical image stabilization and the HDR+.
- Moto Maxx is superior in terms of the megapixels with the 21 MP sensor but the front camera is set to be equal to Nexus 6 at 2 MP. It also has high quality features such as 4K video shooting.
- As announced earlier, the Nexus 6 will be released with the newly released Android version, the Android Lollipop 5.0 but the Moto Maxx will come in with the older Android 4.4.4 Kitkat.
- However, Motorola will have to upgrade the phone to the new system.
- Moto Maxx outshines the Nexus 6 in the battery section with a 3,900 mAh battery with a 40 hour talktime potential.
- The Nexus 6 has a 3200 mAh battery that has a potential of 24 hour talk time.
- Moto Maxx is set to have a $700 price tag while the Nexus 6 is currently priced at $649.
Moto Maxx seems to edge out Nexus 6 in almost all specs even though they are manufactured from the same company. The two phones will definitely be direct competitors in the market so you can make your choice on which is the best.