Oppo Find 7 and Oppo Find 7A were both released in March 2014. In several ways, the two smartphones are similar. However, there are certain differences a discerning buyer should be aware of between the two phones other than the 120-dollar price difference.
Below is an analysis that shows how these two smartphones compare with regard to specifications, features, design, as well as pricing.
In general, Oppo Find 7 has better quality features than Oppo Find 7A.
- Oppo Find 7 has a 3000 mAh battery capacity against Oppo Find 7A’s battery capacity of 2800 mAh.
- Both smartphones have screens of 5.5 inches.
- The Oppo Find 7 has a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 while Oppo Find 7A has a smaller screen resolution of 1080 x 1920.
- Oppo Find 7 has a 538 ppi pixel density against 7A’s 403 ppi pixel density.
- The Oppo Find 7 features a 2500 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor. The Oppo 7A, on the other hand, has a 2300 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor.
- Oppo Find 7 has 3GB of RAM while Oppo Find 7A has 2GB of RAM.
- Oppo Find 7 has a larger internal memory of 32GB when compared to 16GB of internal memory present in 7A. Both, however, offer memory expansion of up to 128GB using microSD.
- Either of the phones have a 13 MP primary camera and a 5 MP front camera.
- The operating software on both phones is Android 4.3.
- Both phones have a single micro-SIM slot.
- Both phones have Bluetooth, WiFi Direct, and GPS.
- Both Oppo Find 7 and Oppo 7A feature what the manufacturer calls “Skyline Breathing Light”. This pulsating light goes on for notifications such messages and low battery. The light is certainly a nice touch.
- The Oppo Find 7 has a compass/magnetometer while the Oppo Find 7A does not. Each of the phones, however, has a proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, and an accelerometer.
- Appearance-wise, the Oppo Find 7 is virtually indistinguishable from the Oppo Find 7A. The screens on both phones are similar in size, and the body is constructed in precisely the same way using the same material and color. Even when the phones are turned on, the display may not make the easy for you to distinguish between the two phones.
- The Oppo Find 7 features a gold inset near the bottom right corner, while the Oppo Find 7A has a silver inset. The purpose of the inset is to dislodge the back cover for easy removal.
- Generally, the two Oppo 7 smartphones have classy, elegant, and slim designs.
Obviously, the difference in specifications and features present in the two phones creates a noticeable price difference. The Oppo Find 7, due to more potent features will cost anything from $720 while the Oppo Find 7A will cost from $600.
In general, the Oppo Find 7 is an improved version of the Oppo Find 7A. The two smartphones have the same features, only that many of those found on the Oppo 7 are better or stronger than those present in the Oppo Find 7A. The Oppo Find 7 has greater RAM, more internal memory, higher pixel density, stronger processor, and a slightly better battery.
In all other aspects – physical design, screen size, connectivity options, operating system, and camera quality – the two phones are exactly the same. Still, the higher price on the Oppo Find 7 rightly justifies the extra money you will have to pay for it over the Oppo Find 7A.