As expected, the developers of WhatsApp released a new BETA version of this application. The latest BETA version of WhatsApp is 2.12.149 and got released today. Unfortunately, this new version doesn’t come with any new features. However, we’ve spotted some changes on the files that are related to the Google Drive feature, which will probably get released soon enough for this application.
As you probably already know, the BETA version of WhatsApp can’t be found on the Google Play Store. This means that in order to install it on your Android device, you will need to manually download and install it on your smartphone.
But, before we teach you how to do this, we’re going to tell you a bit of the features that the WhatsApp application comes with.
WhatsApp Voice Call
This is the latest feature that the WhatsApp application has received and it is currently available for Android, BlackBerry 10, iOS and Windows Phone.
The users have requested a desktop version of WhatsApp, but the developers didn’t make one. However, they’ve worked on an alternative feature that allows you to log into your WhatsApp account from your computer via the Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome browser (more browsers will be supported soon).
Do you have two or more common friends? Don’t worry, because you can create group chats and invite your friends to join. This way, you will be able to talk with all of them at the same time. It is great for making plans for the weekend that is about to come and consult with your friends about what you can do to have fun.
You can’t stay online 24/7 and this is why WhatsApp’s developers have thought about how to fix this issue. When you are offline, all the messages that are sent to you will get “stored” into the WhatsApp servers. However, as soon as you log into your WhatsApp account, all the messages will be sent from the WhatsApp servers to your smartphone (on the WhatsApp client).
Share location and more
Using WhatsApp you can also share your location, exchange contacts, send WhatsApp chat history to your email etc.
How to download and install the WhatsApp 2.12.149 APK on your Android smartphone: Step by step
- Uninstall the current WhatsApp application that you have installed on your Android smartphone.
2. Download the WhatsApp 2.12.149 APK from whatsapp.com/android website.
3. Enable Unknown Sources option from Settings->Applications or Settings->Security.
4. Open a file manager application and head to the location where you saved the WhatsApp 2.12.149 APK file.
5. Tap on the APK file to start installing the latest WhatsApp BETA version on your Android smartphone.
6. Complete the installation and use your mobile phone number to get verified
7. You’re done, start using the WhatsApp 2.12.149 version!